- a hardy plant (Aruncus dioicus) of the rose family, with spikes of white flowers in clusters
- any of a genus (Tragopogon) of plants of the composite family, with flower heads and seed heads that resemble large dandelions, as salsify
- Any of several Eurasian plants of the genus Tragopogon of the composite family, having grasslike leaves and yellow, dandelionlike flower heads, some species of which are widely naturalized in North America.
- Any of several dioecious plants of the genus Aruncus of the rose family, native to northern regions, having pinnately compound leaves and a large panicle of small white flowers.
- Alternative spelling of goat's-beard.