Origin of fritesFrench
Frites is French for French fries or deep-fried potatoes.
An example of frites are the potato layer of poutine, a Canadian food with French fries, cheese curd and gravy.
- Popular dishes include bavette frites (skirt steak with French fries), pate de campagne and potato leek soup.
- The menu is French comfort food, with Steak Frites, Moules Provencales, Coq au Vin and Le Hamburger.
- The dinner menu includes entrees from seared Chesapeake rockfish with potato gnocchi, baby artichokes and wild mushrooms to a bistro filet with Belgian frites and roasted shallot Cabernet sauce.
- Eat in the comfortably furnished Piano Bar where oysters Rockefeller, a Virginia burger and truffled pomme frites accompany cocktails.
- Traditional favorites are served, such as onion soup, beef bourguignon and steak frites.