- city in SW Germany, in the state of Baden-Württembergalso Freiburg im Breis′gau
- Ger. name for Fribourg
also Freiburg im Breis·gau A city of southwest Germany near the Rhine River at the edge of the Black Forest. Founded in 1120, it is a manufacturing, cultural, and tourist center.x
- A German city in Baden-Württemberg located in the Black Forest. The population is around 200,000.
- At Freiburg, Gockel found I + and I_ decidedly larger in the early afternoon than in either the morning or the late evening hours.
- Gockel observed similar effects at Freiburg-though he seems doubtful whether the relationship is direct-but the influence of temperature on I + seemed reduced when the ground was covered with snow.
- The whole subject is exhaustively treated by Father Joseph Braun in Die liturgische Gewandung (Freiburg im Breisgau, 1907).
- Granert's Studien, &c., Freiburg, 1901); Adolf Ausfeld, Der griechische Alexanderroman (Leipzig, 1907), edited after the author's death by W.
- Weber, Die Catholische Kirche in Armenien (Freiburg, 1903, with bibliography); Bollandii, Ada sanctoruin sept.