- A woman who is a native or inhabitant of England.
- A woman of English ancestry.
- A female native or inhabitant of England; a woman who is English by birth, descent, or naturalization.
- His wife was an Englishwoman of French extraction.
- His declining years were darkened by ill-health and by the death, in 1876, of his wife (Christina Groh), an Englishwoman whom he had married in 1865.
- Taylor, an Englishwoman of the China Inland Mission, started from Tao-chow (Kansuh) in September 1892, Miss A.
- His mother, Sopha, authoress of The Englishwoman in Egypt (1844), was the sister of E.
- He received his early education from his aunt, Helen Maria Williams, an Englishwoman, who at the close of the 18th century gained a reputation by various translations and by her Letters from France.