The definition of disproven is something that has been shown not to be true.
A fact that has been shown not to be true is an example of something that has been disproven.
- The theory devised by the young inexperienced research scientist was easily disproven.
- The idea that the earth is flat can easily be disproven thanks to both the modern laws of physics and satellite imagery.
- Jane was not happy with the results of her medical exam, so she hoped the diagnosis would be disproven by another doctor.
- If a theory continues to be disproven, can it become a fact?
- The case remained disproven because there was insufficient evidence of a crime.