Egyptian queen (51-49 and 48-30) noted for her beauty and charisma. Octavian defeated the forces led by Cleopatra and Mark Antony at Actium (31).
1st-century bc marble sculpture
From Ancient Greek Κλεοπάτρα (Kleopatra)
- Cleopatra's daughter by Antony (Cleopatra Selene) was married in 25 to Juba II.
- Queen Cleopatra' made use of a large number of sistra at the battle of Actium (31 B.C.), and accordingly the instrument was satirically called Queen Cleopatra's war trumpet.
- 23, 4); the people compelled Cleopatra III.
- The newly born son of Philip by Cleopatra, and Alexander's cousin Amyntas, were put to death, and Alexander took up the interrupted work of his father.
- He killed Berenice and, dying in 51, bequeathed the kingdom to his eldest son, aged ten years, who was to take as wife his sister Cleopatra, aged seventeen.