The capital of Barbados, in the West Indies. It was founded by the British in 1628.x
- Transatlantic: This cruise leaves from Colon, Panama, and travels through the stunning ports of Willemstad, Curacao, Bridgetown, Barbados, and the Canary Islands before docking at Palma De Mallorca, Spain.
- Long runs from Bridgetown partly round the coast.
- Bridgetown (pop. 21,000), the capital, situated on the S.W.
- Keimer settled in the Barbadoes about 1730; and in 1731 began to publish at Bridgetown the semi-weekly Barbadoes Gazette.
- It stands on the west bank of the river, and is joined by a bridge to the suburb of Bridgetown.