on bended knee
The definition of bended means to have curved or forced out of a straight position in the past tense.
An example of bended used as a verb is the phrase bended knee which is the kneeling position someone might take to propose marriage.
A past participle of bend1
- (archaic) bent
- He offered his fealty on bended knee.
- (archaic) simple past tense and past participle of bend
- Generally obsolete except in the phrase "on bended knee"
- Alternative Grooms: Enlist a close friend's aid to pop the question for you, complete with a traditional marriage proposal on bended knee, but instead of saying "will you marry me" they say "will you marry (insert groom's name)."
- If your partner has always dreamed of a traditional proposal, a marriage proposal on bended knee is likely to be much more appreciated than a proposal at a sports game.
- Consider proposing on bended knee on a beach or in a favorite nostalgic place - perhaps the scene of a first date or kiss - at sunset or under the stars.
- These classic ideas are wonderful options for traditional couples: the groom on bended knee presenting a stunning diamond solitaire to his beloved.
- The traditional marriage proposal typically involves the man on bended knee, respectfully asking the hand of his partner in marriage.