country on a group of islands in the Persian Gulf, between Qatar & the E coast of Saudi Arabia: formerly a British protectorate, it became an independent state in 1971: 257 sq mi (665 sq km); cap. Manama
also sp. Bah·rein′
A country comprising an archipelago of low sandy islands in the Persian Gulf between Qatar and Saudi Arabia. It was the first Arabian country to strike oil (1932). A British protectorate after 1861, Bahrain became independent in 1971. Manama, on Bahrain Island, the largest in the archipelago, is the capital.x
- A country in the Middle East. Official name: Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Forever 21-always the hottest fashions, you can shop all over the U.S., Canada, Jordan, Malaysia, Singapore, Arabia and the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- BAHRAM III., son of Bahrain II., under whose rule he had been governing Sejistan (therefore called Saganshah, Agathias iv.
- Bahrain IV.
- Bahrain deposed the vassal king of the Persian part of Armenia and made it a province.
- In 1134 Bahrain Shah failed in this obligation and brought on himself 1 See Defremery, Journ.