- a person born or living in Bengal
- the Indo-Aryan language spoken in Bengal
- The definition of Bengali is anything or anyone that comes from Bengal.>
An example of something Bengali would be a rug that was exported from Bengal.
- A Bengali is someone who inhabits the region of Bengal, and is a language that is spoken in East India and Bangladesh.
- An example of a Bengali is Sushmita Sen, the first Miss Universe to come from India.
- An example of Bengali is the language spoken by Muhamma Shahidullah, a writer from Bengal.
of Bengal or its people, language, or culture
Of or relating to Bengal or its people, language, or culture.
nounpl. Bengali, or Ben·ga·lis
- a. A native or inhabitant of Bengal.b. A person of Bengali ancestry.
- The modern Indic language of Bangladesh and West Bengal, a state of eastern India.
- Of, from or pertaining to Bengal
- A person from Bengal or of Bengali descent.
From Hindi बंगाली (bangālī).
- The occasion though not the cause of trouble arose from the partition of Bengal, which was represented by Bengali agitators as an insult to their mother country.
- It is called goni, san g, shanapu, banga and ganjika; in Bengali, ganga; Pers.
- "RABINDRANATH TAGORE (1861-), Indian poet and author, was a member of a well-known Bengali family noted for its activities in literature, art and religious reform as well as for its public benefactions.
- Indeed, so close was the resemblance that for a time Bengali was used as the court and official language of the province under British rule.
- Granum, Hindi Chanel, Bengali Chhola, Ital.