country on a group of islands in the Persian Gulf, between Qatar & the E coast of Saudi Arabia: formerly a British protectorate, it became an independent state in 1971: 257 sq mi (665 sq km); cap. Manama
also sp. Bah·rein′
A country comprising an archipelago of low sandy islands in the Persian Gulf between Qatar and Saudi Arabia. It was the first Arabian country to strike oil (1932). A British protectorate after 1861, Bahrain became independent in 1971. Manama, on Bahrain Island, the largest in the archipelago, is the capital.x
- A country in the Middle East. Official name: Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Forever 21-always the hottest fashions, you can shop all over the U.S., Canada, Jordan, Malaysia, Singapore, Arabia and the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Eastward he extended his dominions to Balkh, and in the south his generals made the conquest of Bahrain (Bahrein), on the Arabian side of the Persian Gulf, and the territory and islands of the Persian seaboard, inclusive of the mountainous province of Lar.
- BAHRAM III., son of Bahrain II., under whose rule he had been governing Sejistan (therefore called Saganshah, Agathias iv.
- Bahrain IV.
- Bahrain deposed the vassal king of the Persian part of Armenia and made it a province.