- any of the short, sharp angles or turns of a zigzag pattern, as alternating with a zig
- any sharp turn away from a straight course
Origin of zagsee zigzag
intransitive verbzagged, zag′ging
- to move in a zag
- to zigzag
One of a series of sharp turns or reversals: many zigs and zags in the mountain road; the zigs and zags of the stock market.
intransitive verbzagged, zag·ging, zags
- To turn or change direction suddenly. Usually used in contrast to zig : The runner zigged when he should have zagged.
- To behave erratically or indecisively. Usually used with zig : zigging and zagging for years over the question of disarmament.
Origin of zagFrom zigzag
- IATA code for Zagreb Airport.