Yup means yes.
Yup is defined as slang for yes.
An example of yup used as an interjection is in the sentence, "Yup, I'll go to the supermarket today."
Origin of yupAlteration of yep
Origin of yupShort for yuppie
- (informal) A yes; an affirmative answer.
- (informal: a yes): nope
- Yale University Press
- Young urban professional
- "Yup," answered Fred as his arm shot to bid.
- Yup. He had a car, a rental I guess.
- Yup. The fish are practically jumping in the boat.
- Yup. It's pretty messy.
- Yup. I use it for my air mattress.