W's definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Bible Wisdom of Solomon
W's definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Bible Wisdom of Solomon
- working storage
abbreviationThe American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Samoa (in Internet addresses)
w's - Computer Definition
w's - Investment & Finance Definition
Used on the consolidated tape to indicate a warrant: G.WS 23.50.
Variant of w
noun pl. W's, w's
- the twenty-third letter of the English alphabet: its sound was represented in Anglo-Saxon manuscripts by uu or u until about 900, then by Ƿ (wen) borrowed from the runic alphabet; in the 11th cent. a ligatured VV or vv was introduced by Norman scribes to replace the wen
- any of the speech sounds that this letter represents, as, in English, the (w) of will
- a type or impression for w or W
- the twenty-third in a sequence or group
- an object shaped like
- of w or W
- twenty-third in a sequence or group
- shaped like