wingtip definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the outermost end of a wing
- a man's shoe, esp. a brogue, of a style characterized by a decorative piece of leather over the vamp, peaked toward the tongue, with perforations on it and along the sides extending back from it
- this piece of leather
wingtip definition by American Heritage Dictionary
also wing tipnoun
- a. An often perforated shoe part that covers the toe and extends backward along the sides of the shoe from a point at the center.b. A style of shoe having such a tip.
- The tip of the wing of a bird, bat, insect, or other animal.
- The extreme edge of a wing, as of an aircraft.
pair of wingtips