whenever[hwen ev′ər, wen-]
whenever definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Informal when: an emphatic form expressing bewilderment, impatience, etc.: whenever will he learn?
- at whatever time: leave whenever you're ready
- on whatever occasion: visit us whenever you can
Also Old Poet.whene'er
whenever definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- At whatever time.
- When. See Usage Note at whatever.
- At whatever time that: We can leave whenever you're ready.
- Every time that: The child smiles whenever the puppy appears.