waxwork definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- work, as objects or figures, made of wax
- a human figure made of wax
- wax museum
waxwork definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The art of modeling in wax.
- A figure made of wax, especially a life-size wax effigy of a famous person.
- waxworks (used with a sing. or pl. verb) An exhibition of wax figures in a museum.