- an elevated tank used for water storage and for maintaining equalized pressure on a water system
- a firefighting apparatus that can be used to lift high-pressure hoses and nozzles to great heights
water towerwater tower
- A standpipe or elevated tank used as a reservoir or for maintaining equal pressure in a water system.
- A firefighting apparatus for lifting hoses to the upper levels of a tall structure.
- The houses are built of stone and mortar, and above the thatched straw roof which surmounts the doublestoreyed buildings the square water-tower rises gracefully.