- designating or of electricity produced by chemical action; galvanic
- used in so producing electricity
Origin of voltaicafter Conte Alessandro Volta + -ic
a branch of the Niger-Congo language subfamily, including languages spoken in Burkina Faso and parts of Mali, Ivory Coast, Ghana, and Togo
- Of, relating to, or being electricity or electric current produced by chemical action; galvanic.
- Producing electricity by chemical action.
Origin of voltaicAfter Count Alessandro Volta.
(comparative more voltaic, superlative most voltaic)
Volta +"Ž -ic after Alessandro Volta.
- Of or pertaining to Alessandro Volta or his work.