- of, containing, or made of viscose
Origin of viscoseLate Latin viscosus: see viscous
- an amber-colored, syruplike solution made by treating cellulose with sodium hydroxide and carbon disulfide: used in making rayon thread and fabrics, and cellophane
- thread or fabric made from viscosein full viscose rayon
- A thick, golden-brown viscous solution of cellulose xanthate, used in the manufacture of rayon and cellophane.
- Viscose rayon.
- Of, relating to, or made from viscose.
Origin of viscosevisc(ous) -ose 2 Adj., sense 1, Middle English viscous from Late Latin viscōsus from Latin viscum mistletoe, birdlime made from mistletoe berries