vinous definition by Webster's New World
- of, having the nature of, or characteristic of wine
- wine-colored; specif., red like wine
- addicted to drinking wine
- resulting from drinking wine
Origin: Classical Latin vinosus, full of wine ; from vinum: see vine
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- vinosity noun
vinous definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or made with wine.
- Affected or caused by the consumption of wine.
- Having the color of wine.
Origin: Latin vīnōsus, from vīnum, wine.
- viˈnous·ly adverb