- of, having the nature of, or characteristic of wine
- having the color of red wine
- addicted to drinking wine
- resulting from drinking wine
Origin of vinousClassical Latin vinosus, full of wine ; from vinum: see vine
- Of, relating to, or made with wine.
- Affected or caused by the consumption of wine.
- Having the color of wine.
Origin of vinousLatin v&imacron;n&omacron;sus, from v&imacron;num, wine.
(comparative more vinous, superlative most vinous)
From Latin vinosus, from vÄ«num (“wine").