- suggestive of a worm or worms in shape or movement
- covered with irregularly twisting lines, ridges, or indentations suggestive of worm tracks
- of or having to do with worms
- formed or caused by worms
Origin of vermicularModern Latin vermicularis: see vermiculate and amp; -ar
- Having the shape of a worm; vermiform.
- Having wavy markings shaped like worms; vermiculate.
- Moving like a worm.
- Caused by or relating to worms.
Origin of vermicularMedieval Latin vermicularis, from Latin vermiculus, diminutive of vermis, worm; see wer-2 in Indo-European roots.