- a vermiculating or being vermiculated
- vermicular markings
- movement marked by alternate contraction and dilation, as in peristalsis
Origin of vermiculationClassical Latin vermiculatio: see vermiculate
- Motion resembling that of a worm, especially the wavelike contractions of the intestine; peristalsis.
- Wavy or sinuous marks or ornamentation, as in a mosaic, masonry, or the plumage of a bird.
- The condition of being worm-eaten.
- A pattern of irregular wavy lines.
- (medicine, dated) Peristalsis.