- an edition or text, as of a literary work, containing notes by various editors, scholars, etc.
- an edition of a work containing variant versions of the text
Origin of variorumL, of various (scholars), genitive plural of varius: see various
- An edition of the works of an author with notes by various scholars or editors.
- An edition containing various versions of a text.
Origin of variorumFrom Latin (ēditiō cum notīs) variōrum (edition with the notes) of various persons genitive pl. of varius various
(plural variorums or variora)
- An edition of a written work (especially the complete works of a classical writer) showing the notes and readings of a variety of different editors or commentators.
From Latin variorum, genitive plural masculine of varius "˜various', in the phrase editio cum notis variorum "˜edition with various notes'.