- pl. Utes or a member of a North American Indian people formerly ranging throughout the SW plains regions, now living mainly in W Colorado and E Utah
- the Uto-Aztecan language of this people
Origin of Uteakin to Utah
nounpl. Ute, or Utes
- A member of a Native American people formerly inhabiting a large area of Colorado, Utah, and northern New Mexico, with present-day populations in northeast Utah and along the Colorado-New Mexico border.
- The Uto-Aztecan language of the Ute.
Origin of UteFrom Utah Ute Indian from American Spanish Yuta Southern Paiute yuuttaci
- (Australia, New Zealand) A small vehicle based on the same platform as a family car but with a unibody construction and a built-in open tray area for carrying goods; similar but not identical to a pick-up truck.
Contraction of utility.
- A member of this people.