- not saturated
- designating or of a compound in which some element possesses the capacity of combining further with other elements
- designating or of a solution that is not in equilibrium with the undissolved solute
- designating an organic compound with a double or triple bond that links two atoms, usually of carbon
See unsaturated in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Of or relating to an organic compound, especially a fatty acid, containing one or more double or triple bonds between the carbon atoms.
- Capable of dissolving more of a solute at a given temperature.
Learn more about unsaturated