Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- Obsolete having no father; fatherless
- of unknown paternity; bastard
- of unknown authorship or unestablished authenticity
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a. Having no father; fatherless.b. Having no known father; illegitimate.
- Of uncertain origin or authenticity: unfathered rumors.