- An example of unaccounted for is when a student is absent from school but no one called to say he wouldn't be there and no one knows where he is.
- An example of unaccounted for is when you return 99 chairs to the party rental store after you rented 100 but you don't know where to find the last chair.
The definition of unaccounted for is someone or something that is not where expected or cannot be found.
- Not explained, understood, or taken into account.
- Missing or absent without explanation, as from a roll call or after a military operation.
(comparative more unaccounted-for, superlative most unaccounted-f)
- Not accounted-for.
un- +"Ž accounted-for
- Interest payments and overuse will end up sapping this resource before you know it, and you'll be left with a pile of unaccounted-for debt.