- capital of Tunisia: seaport near the site of ancient Carthage
- former Barbary State that became Tunisia
- A former Barbary state on the northern coast of Africa south and west of the ancient city of Carthage. It was conquered by the Turks in 1574 and later became a French protectorate (1881).
- The capital and largest city of Tunisia, in the northern part of the country on the Gulf of Tunis, an inlet of the Mediterranean Sea. It occupies a site near the ruins of ancient Carthage.x
- (law) Abbreviation of Tunisia.
This is the customary abbreviation of this term as used in case citations. See, e.g., The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, Nineteenth Edition (2010), "Geographical Terms: Foreign countries and regions", Table T10.3, p. 438-443.