- Tricuspid describes something with three points, tips or flaps.
An example of tricuspid is a molar tooth with three cusps.
- The definition of a tricuspid is a tooth with three cusps, or a valve with three flaps.
An example of a tricuspid is the valve in the human heart between the right atrium and ventricle.
- having three cusps, or points: a tricuspid toothalso tricuspidate
- designating or of a valve with three flaps, between the right auricle and right ventricle of the heart
Origin of tricuspidClassical Latin tricuspis (gen. tricuspidis): see tri- and amp; cusp
- a tricuspid tooth
- the tricuspid valve
adjectivealso tri·cus·pi·dal or tri·cus·pi·date
- Having three cusps, especially a molar tooth.
- Of or relating to the tricuspid valve.
Origin of tricuspidFrom Latin tricuspis, tricuspid-, having three points : tri-, tri- + cuspis, point.
- Having three cusps