- plural form of topography
Variant of topography
- the accurate and detailed description of a place
- the science of drawing on maps and charts or otherwise representing the surface features of a region, including its relief and rivers, lakes, etc., and such man-made features as canals, bridges, roads, etc.
- these surface features
- topographic surveying
- a study or description of a region, system, or part of the body showing specific relations of component parts as to shape, size, position, etc.: cerebral topography
- any similar study of an entity, as the mind, the atom, a particular discipline, etc.
Origin of topographyMiddle English topographye ; from Late Latin topographia ; from Gr: see topic and amp; -graphy