- a mixture, as of chicken, lobster, or vegetables in a cream sauce, baked in a small drum-shaped mold; also, the mold
- a type of small pastry shellalso timbale case
- such a shell filled with a cooked food such as creamed chicken
- a type of small pastry shell
Origin of timbaleFr, literally , kettledrum: see timbal
- A custardlike dish of cheese, chicken, fish, or vegetables baked in a drum-shaped pastry mold.
- The pastry mold in which this food is baked.
Origin of timbaleFrench timbal, mold ; see timbal .
From French timbale.