- Thrice is defined as something that happened three times, or three times stronger or better.
- An example of something thrice is an award that has been won three times; thrice awarded.
- An example of something thrice is a new detergent that cleans three times better than an earlier formula; thrice clean.
- three times
- three times as much or as many; threefold; triply
- greatly; highly
Origin: Middle English thries from thrie (from Old English thriwa, thrice, akin to threo, three) plush -(e)s, adv. genitive suffix, after ones (see once)
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Three times.
- In a threefold quantity or degree.
- Archaic Extremely; greatly.
Origin: Middle English thries, adverbial genitive of thrie, from Old English thrīga; see trei- in Indo-European roots.