Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- any of several European rays with many tubercles on the back and a double row of spines on the tail
- a large European spider crab (Maja squinado) with a spiny back
- a guitarfish (Platyrhinoidis triseriata) with spines on the back, found in the Pacific
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A European ray (Raja clavata) having spines along the back.
- A fish (Platyrhinoidis triseriata) of Pacific waters, related to the guitarfish.