resort town in N N.Mex.
Origin of TaosSpanish (orig. plural ) ; from Taos (a Tanoan language) t?oto, pueblo name, literally , in the village
- A town of northern New Mexico north-northeast of Santa Fe in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. It developed as an art colony after 1898 and has attracted many artists and writers, including Ansel Adams and D.H. Lawrence.
- A pueblo of northern New Mexico northeast of the town of Taos.
- A member of a Pueblo people located north-northeast of Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- The Kiowa-Tanoan language of the Taos people.
- The Taos people, Taos Pueblo, New Mexico.
- The Taos language (Northern Tiwa) of the Kiowa-Tanoan language family.
- The pueblo of the Taos Indians in New Mexico.
- The town of Taos (near Taos Pueblo, New Mexico)
From Taos tÉ™Ì‚o (“village") [as in tÉ™Ì‚otho (“in the village") or tÉ™Ì‚obo (“to the village")] via Spanish Taos (“Taos")