- The definition of systemic is something that affects the whole instead of just parts.
When corruption extends throughout the entire government rather than just one or two people, this is an example of systemic corruption.
- Systemic is a group of pesticides that are absorbed into plants causing the plant to become poisonous to anything that feeds on the plant.
An example of a systemic pesticide is DDT.
- of a system
- Physiol. of or affecting the entire organism or bodily system
- Of or relating to systems or a system.
- a. Relating to or affecting the entire body or an entire organism: systemic symptoms; a systemic poison.b. Relating to or affecting a particular body system, especially the nervous system: a systemic lesion.c. Physiology Of or relating to systemic circulation.
Not to be confused with systematic (“methodical”).