- a baseball player who can bat from either side of home plate, usually batting right-handed against a left-handed pitcher and left-handed against a right-handed pitcher
- Informal a person who is competent in two different jobs, specialties, roles, etc.
- Slang a person who engages in sexual activities with both sexes; bisexual
See switch-hitter in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Baseball A player who can bat either right-handed or left-handed.
- Slang One who is attracted to both sexes; one who is bisexual.
- switchˈ-hitˈ (swĭchˈhĭtˈ) verb