- below the human race in development; less than human
- regarded as unfit for use, habitation, etc. by human beings: subhuman living conditions
- Below the human race in evolutionary development.
- Regarded as not being fully human.
(comparative more subhuman, superlative most subhuman)
- Less than human; lacking characteristics of a human.
- To say he is subhuman is to make a grave insult; whether to him or to humanity is the question.
- We say dolphin intelligence is subhuman; I suspect dolphins say our intelligence is subdolphin.
- Anything which is less than human.
sub- +"Ž human