- The definition of a subhead is a secondary heading or title in an article or book.
An example of a subhead is a research paper about African deserts with a secondary topic of the Sahara.
subhead definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the title of a subdivision of a chapter, article, etc.
- a subordinate heading or title, as of a magazine article
subhead definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun In both senses also called subheading.
- The heading or title of a subdivision of a printed subject.
- A subordinate heading or title.