- The definition of a subculture is a cultural group with distinct patterns, behaviors, etc. that often vary from the mainstream groups in society or a culture of microorganisms which were derived from another microorganism culture.
- An example of a subculture are the hipsters with their unique trends, behaviors and lifestyle.
- An example of a subculture is a new microorganism culture which is created in the lab.
- To subculture is defined as to grow a new bacterial strain using an old bacteria culture.
An example of to subculture is to grow a bacterial strain in a flask with new medium and old bacteria culture.
- a group (within a society) of persons who are of the same age, social or economic status, ethnic background, etc. and who share the same distinctive interests, goals, etc.
- the distinct cultural patterns of such a group
- a culture, as of bacteria, grown on a fresh medium from a previous culture
- A cultural subgroup differentiated by status, ethnic background, residence, religion, or other factors that functionally unify the group and act collectively on each member.
- One culture of microorganisms derived from another.
(third-person singular simple present subcultures, present participle subculturing, simple past and past participle subcultured)
- (biology) To transfer (microorganisms) to a fresh growth medium in order to start a new culture
sub- +"Ž culture