- a narrow groove or channel
- any of a number of parallel lines, stripes, bands, furrows, etc.; specif.,
- any of the cylindrical fibers in voluntary muscles
- any of the parallel lines on glaciated surfaces or crystal faces
- any of the luminous bands in an electric discharge through a gas
Origin of striaL: for Indo-European base see strike
- A thin, narrow groove or channel.
- A thin line or band, especially one of several that are parallel or close together: a characteristic stria of contractile tissue.
Origin of striaLatin; see streig- in Indo-European roots.
From Latin stria ("furrow").