Origin of sprueDutch spruw
- an opening through which molten material, as metal or plastic, is poured into a mold
- the waste piece of metal, etc. cast in such an opening
Origin of spruefrom uncertain or unknown; perhaps
Origin of sprueDutch spruw from Middle Dutch sprouwe
- The hole through which molten material is channeled into a mold.
- The waste material filling or protruding from this hole after hardening.
- The usually plastic rod or framework that secures molded objects, such as model parts or game pieces, before their first use.
Origin of spruePerhaps of Scots origin
From Dutch spruw, sprouw.