- An example of something splenetic is a disease of the spleen; splenetic disease.
- An example of a splenetic person is someone who is constantly upset about something.
- of the spleen; splenic
- bad-tempered, irritable, peevish, spiteful, etc.; spleenful
- Obs. melancholy
Origin of spleneticLate Latin spleneticus
- Of or relating to the spleen.
- Affected or marked by ill humor or irritability.
Origin of spleneticLate Latin splēnēticus from Latin splēn spleen ; see spleen .
(comparative more splenetic, superlative most splenetic)
- (archaic) A person affected with spleen.
The adjective form of spleen, from Late Latin spleneticus. Anger was traditionally believed to originate from the fluids of the spleen.