- The definition of a southron is a term for a southerner, used in Scotland to refer to the English and in the U.S. to a person from the southern U.S.
An example of a southron is a person from Georgia.
Archaic a southerner: applied in Scottish dialect to an Englishman and, formerly, in the U.S. to a Southerner
Origin of southronLate Middle English sothron, altered (prob. modeled on Briton, Saxon) ; from southren, dialect, dialectal variant, variety of southern
- often Southron A person who lives in the south, especially an Englishman as called by a Scotsman.
- A native or inhabitant of the American South. Used by the Confederates in the Civil War.
Origin of southronMiddle English, variant of southerne, southern; see Southern .
- (historical) Someone from the American South, that is, from the Confederate States of America.
- Alternative capitalization of southron.