- of or having to do with Sirius, the Dog Star
- designating or of an ancient Egyptian cycle or period based on a fixed year of 365 days (Sothic year) and equal to 1,460 such years
Origin of SothicClassical Greek S?thiakos from S?this, the Dog Star from Egyptian Spdt
- Of, relating to, or deriving from the name of Sothis.
- Being the ancient Egyptian calendar year, consisting of 36514 days.
- Being a cycle consisting of 1,460 years of 365 days in the ancient Egyptian calendar.
Origin of SothicFrom Greek Sōthis the star Sirius ; see Sothis .