Tara's coworker often made snarky remarks that were rude and unprofessional.
- Saying "nice haircut" in a sarcastic and snide way is an example of a comment that would be described as snarky.
- A person who hates traveling who is packing to go on a trip and who is complaining about it every step of the way is an example of someone who is snarky.
The definition of snarky is someone who is cranky, snide or sarcastic.
- ill-humored, short-tempered, etc.
- critical, derisive, sarcastic, etc.
Origin of snarkyfrom dialect, dialectal snark, to grumble, find fault with
adjectivesnark·i·er, snark·i·est Slang
- Rudely sarcastic or disrespectful; snide.
- Irritable or short-tempered; irascible.
Origin of snarkyFrom dialectal snark to nag from snark, snork to snore, snort from Dutch and Low German snorken of imitative origin
(comparative snarkier, superlative snarkiest)