- Saying "nice haircut" in a sarcastic and snide way is an example of a comment that would be described as snarky.
- A person who hates traveling who is packing to go on a trip and who is complaining about it every step of the way is an example of someone who is snarky.
The definition of snarky is someone who is cranky, snide or sarcastic.
- ill-humored, short-tempered, etc.
- critical, derisive, sarcastic, etc.
Origin of snarky; from dialect, dialectal snark, to grumble, find fault with
adjectivesnark·i·er, snark·i·est Slang
- Rudely sarcastic or disrespectful; snide.
- Irritable or short-tempered; irascible.
Origin of snarkyFrom dialectal snark, to nag, from snark, snork, to snore, snort, from Dutch and Low German snorken, of imitative origin.
(comparative snarkier, superlative snarkiest)