- Slagging is defined as the partially melted coal ash in a steam boiler.
An example of slagging is the deposits left in a boiler furnace.
- Present participle of slag.
Variant of slag
- the fused refuse or dross separated from a metal in the process of smelting
- lava resembling this
- Chiefly Brit., Slang
- a worthless, contemptible person
- a sexually promiscuous woman
Origin of slag; from Middle Low German slagge (from source German schlacke) ; from slagen, to strike: for Indo-European base see slay
transitive verbslagged, slagging
- to form into slag
- Chiefly Brit., Slang to criticize, disparage, or insult: often with off
to form into slag