- Present participle of ski.
- (sports) A group of sports utilizing skis as primary equipment.
Variant of ski
- a long, thin, wood, metal, or usually fiberglass, runner that is fastened to a kind of boot (), used in pairs to glide over snow
- water ski
Origin of skiNorwegian ; from Old Norse skith, snowshoe, strip of wood, akin to Old English scid, Old High German scit, thin piece of wood, shingle ; from Indo-European base an unverified form skei- from source sheath
intransitive verbskied , skiing
- to travel on skis by gliding over the snow
- to engage in the sport of gliding down snow-covered inclines on skis
to travel over on skis