sixtieth definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- preceded by fifty-nine others in a series; 60th
- designating any of the sixty equal parts of something
Origin: Middle English sixtithe ; from Old English sixteogotha ; from sixtig: see sixty and amp; -th
- the one following the fifty-ninth
- any of the sixty equal parts of something;
in the sixtieth place, rank, group, etc.
sixtieth definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The ordinal number matching the number 60 in a series.
- One of 60 equal parts.
- sixˈti·eth adverb & adj.