sitz bath[sits, zits]
sitz bath definition by Webster's New World
- a bath in which only the hips and buttocks are immersed, usually for therapy
- a tub or basin used for such a bath
Origin: partial translated, translation of German sitzbad ; from sitz, a seat, sitting (; from sitzen, sit) plush bad, bath
sitz bath definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A bathtub shaped like a chair in which one bathes in a sitting position, immersing only the hips and buttocks.
- A bath taken in such a tub especially for therapeutic reasons.
Origin: Partial translation of German Sitzbad : Sitz, act of sitting (from sitzen, to sit, from Middle High German, from Old High German sizzen; see sed- in Indo-European roots) + Bad, bath.
sitz bath - Medical Definition
- A device shaped like a chair in which one bathes in a sitting position, immersing only the hips and buttocks.
- A bath taken in such a device especially for therapeutic reasons.